Feature list for Transformer
This is a list of projected features for Transformer, along with their implementation status.
Features completed for the current version
Features planned for future versions.
Features completed in the current version (The current version is 18.104.22.168, dated 23 May 2008.)
- Creation and saving/loading of sequences of search/replace operations (in XML format).✓
- Ability to test any sequence on a loaded text file and view the results.✓
- Regular expression functionality (basic PERL syntax) for any replace operation.✓
- Reordering of the sequence through drag/drop or using arrow buttons.✓
- Switching on or off of individual replace operations in the sequence.✓
- Checking for possible conflicts in the sequence (such as a search string which is the same as a prior replace string).✓
- Loading of Unicode, ANSI and ASCII file formats, and also import of binary files (displayed as text, with control characters escaped).✓
- Batch file processing with full control over output file format, filenames, locations and backups.✓
- Preferences screen where users can configure application fonts and appearance.✓
- Basic "Getting Started" tutorial for users.✓
- Full application installer built using the open-source InnoSetup program, with several languages available in the installer GUI.✓
- File opening by drag/drop onto the application window.✓
- Option to translate the application interface into any language supported by Unicode.✓
- Auto-detection of file format on load (mostly to detect UTF-8 files which have no byte-order mark, using clues inside the file (such as encoding declarations) and, failing those, analysis of the byte-sequence for characteristic UTF-8 sequences.✓
- A batch save and load function, in which a batch list of files and with batch processing configuration are all saved and reloaded from a single file.✓
Features planned for future versions:
- Port to Delphi 2009 for better Unicode support.
- Change to PCRE-based regular expression engine, to allow full PERL-style regular expression support.
- Addition of a new Transformation Item type for XSLT transformations (using libxml2).
- PDF Help file for printing.